The crown prince of the Gulf state of Bahrain will not be attending the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton following media criticism of his possible presence, it was confirmed Sunday.
Clarence House in London said that Prince Salman bin Hamad Al-Khalifa would "no longer be attending" the ceremony at Westminster Abbey on April 29, dpa reported.
"We were informed this morning that the Crown Prince of Bahrain will no longer be attending, and the royal family will not be sending a representative," a spokesman said.
British media had earlier criticized the invitation extended to the Bahraini royal because of the recent harsh crackdown on anti- government protestors in the Gulf state.
The crown prince was among 62 foreign royals and heads of state invited to the wedding, which will be attended by 1,900 guests.
Crown Prince of Bahrain bows out of London royal wedding
The crown prince of the Gulf state of Bahrain will not be attending the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton following media criticism of his possible presence, it was confirmed Sunday.
