...

Suicide raid against NATO troops kills 2 Afghans

Other News Materials 11 November 2009 13:19 (UTC +04:00)

A suicide bomber targeted a convoy of NATO-led forces in Zabul province south of Afghanistan Wednesday killing two civilians and destroyed a military vehicle, military officer at the site of incident Ghulam Jilani Khan said, Xinhua reported.

"A convoy of international forces was passing Shahjoi district this morning and suddenly a man riding a motorbike blew himself up next to the convoy killing two passersby on the spot and damaging a military vehicle," Jilani told Xinhua.

He also added that the area had been cordoned off by the NATO- led troops.

He blamed the attack on "the enemies of Afghanistan," a term used against Taliban fighters. Taliban militants who often carry out such attacks have not made comment.

Provincial police chief of Zabul province Ghulam Jilani Khan also confirmed the suicide attack but could not provide more details, saying the area is cordoned off by the international troops.

Latest

Latest