...

Two Italian soldiers have been freed by ISAF in a military operation in western Afghanistan

Other News Materials 24 September 2007 11:37 (UTC +04:00)

( Reuters ) - Two Italian soldiers who had been kidnapped in Afghanistan have been freed in a raid, Italy's Defence Ministry said on Monday.

"In a raid by ISAF forces in the early hours of the morning the two soldiers who had been kidnapped last Saturday have been freed," a spokesman for the ministry said, referring to the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force.

The soldiers were injured and had been brought to a hospital, the spokesman said.

Italy has some 2,200 troops in Afghanistan. More than 600 are in western Afghanistan running the regional ISAF command.

Latest

Latest